What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the EU Data Protection Directive 1995 and Data Protection Act 1998. GDPR intends to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union.
How we store your information
Your information is held securely on MailChimp, the marketing automation platform, and Google Drive and is safely secured under password protection. We do not share your information with third parties.
Why we hold your information
We have your contact information from when you voluntarily signed up to our mailing list. We hold this information under the clause of “legitimate business interest”.
What we use your information for
This legitimate business interest is for our marketing campaigns which involves contacting you via email and by post to inform you of the exciting upcoming events that we have programmed.
If you make a purchase from our online store, we will collect some extra information from you.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for two years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.